AC Tune Up Boston
AC Maintenance in Boston, Cambridge, and Greater Middlesex County
Harvard University is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, across the Charles River from Boston. The university is located in Cambridge. The neoclassical Widener Library anchors grassy Harvard Yard, the heart of the campus. Harvard Square is filled with cafes, bars, and bookstores. Fogg, Busch-Reisinger, and Arthur M. Sackler collections are included in the Harvard Art Museums. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is located southeast. Aside from it's rich history, educational excellence, and eventful downtown scene, we know that Boston is home to many Massachusetts residents. The homes that you live in, however, need to be maintained or they can cost you much more in future repairs. That's where Winters Home Services is here to help.
Summer is fast approaching and it’s the time for your annual central air conditioning startup and inspection to be performed. An annual inspection helps to ensure the safety and operational condition of your AC equipment and catches minor problems that could lead to expensive repairs. Additionally, the annual inspection helps to ensure your home remains comfortable and safe and reduces energy usage, saving you money!
Our Boston AC Tune Up Process & Checklist
We will visually inspect the following during an air conditioning system inspection:
- Check refrigerant levels
- Check electrical connections
- Check the motor and fan bearings
- Check burners and controls
- Check safety controls
- Check thermostat
How is Your Air Flow?
- Test for Air Filter condition
- Free and balanced rotation of blower wheel
- Blower compartment and wheel clean
- Blower mounts and set screws are tights
- Wire connections are tight and insulation
- Blower motor amperage satisfactory
- Air temperature differential within tolerance
What's the Condition of Your Indoor Coil?
- Condensation drain and pump are ok
- Drain pan/coil surface clean
Is the Condenser Working Correctly?
- Electrical wiring, connectors and insulation
- Amperage draw on condenser fan motor within spec
- Amperage draw on compressor within spec
- Evidence of leaks near line-set and connections
- The refrigerant level is within spec
- Condenser coil clean
Is Your Humidifier Functioning Properly?
- Wire connections are tight/insulation acceptable
- Transformer voltage within tolerance
- The damper is in a correct seasonal position
- Water panel in satisfactory condition
- Drain line unclogged
AC Tune Up "Nice to Know"s
- Keep in mind that a cleanup or a tune-up is different than an inspection. A cleanup and tune-up involves a full cleaning of the entire AC equipment.
- Air conditioning systems should never leak refrigerant, if your refrigerant has a leak, they should be replaced.
- An air conditioning system startup and inspection is not just about safety, but preventive maintenance as well. It is about catching a problem before your air conditioner stops working in the middle of the hottest night.
Why Choose Winters for Your AC Maintenance and Inspection?
At Winters Home Services, our technicians are committed to providing a high-quality service that will not only extend the life of your home's fixtures, but will also ensure your satisfaction and trust in our work. Our commitment to that belief is one of the reasons why we are proud to now serve residents in Boston, Cambridge, and surrounding areas of Massachusetts.
Since we care about the comfort of our neighbors and the community, we treat our customers like members of our own family. Over 70% of our customers return to us for regular maintenance and service, so there's no question that our dedication to providing the best HVAC and plumbing services has paid off.
If you are in the Greater Boston, Metro-West, North Shore, or South Shore area, call Winters Home Services 24/7 at (617) 977-3101 to schedule a service appointment.