Ductless Heat Pump Services in Boston
Ductless Mini-Split Specialists Serving Cambridge & the Entire Boston Metro Area
Heat pumps are an excellent HVAC option for New England homes, offering a solution for both heating and cooling without the need for air ducts. Whether it’s a scorching hot summer day or a frigid winter night, heat pumps work around the clock to provide home comfort.
A ductless heat pump (also known as a mini-split system) makes a wonderful retrofit add-on to houses with non-ducted heating systems, such as:
- Oil-burning heating systems
- Propane-burning heating systems
- Electric baseboards
What Exactly is a Heat Pump?
Simply put, a heat pump moves heat throughout the home. During the winter, heat pumps carry in heat from the outside and circulate it into the home. In the summer, heat pumps draw heat from the home and release it outside.
How Does a Ductless Heat Pump System Work?
Ductless heating and cooling systems work in a reversible, two-way heat pumps that deliver heat between outdoor and indoor air by compressing and expanding refrigerant. Heat pumps collect heat from outside the house and deliver it to the inside on the heating cycle during the winter. In the summer, it collects cool air from outside and delivers it inside the house.
Ductless mini splits use different speed compressors in order to match the temperature and heating and cooling load, maximizing its efficiency.
Benefits of Heat Pumps
- Keeps air clean & safe because it does not burn fuel
- Provides one temperature throughout the home—no sudden blast of heat or cold air!
- Less costly than an electric furnace
- Cost less per hour because they are used throughout the year
- Individual zoning which allows you to heat or cool only the areas you want
- Quiet operation
- No ductwork
- Small size and flexibility
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Maintenance
While heat pumps offer a wide array of benefits and are quite inexpensive, sometimes they do need to be serviced. Fortunately, Winters Home Services has been providing heat pump services in Boston, Cambridge, and the surrounding areas for more than 20 years.We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.
Check out the warning signs below to see if your heat pump needs to be serviced:
- Heat pump disrupts the circuit breaker
- Heat pump turns on and off randomly
- Room temperatures change too often
- Heat pump blower continuously runs
- Heat pumps restarts at low temperatures
If you’re looking for experienced local technicians to service your heat pump or you'd like an estimate for mini split installation, call Winters Home Services at (617) 977-3101 or fill out our contact form.