Heat Pumps/Ductless Heating & Cooling Services in Boston
Boston & Cambridge HVAC Specialists Serving the Metro Area
Heat pumps are one of the most beneficial components for a New England home as they offer both heating and cooling. Whether it’s a scorching hot summer day or a frigid winter night, heat pumps work around the clock to provide home comfort.
A ductless, heat pump (also known as mini-split system) makes a wonderful retrofit add-ons to houses with non-ducted heating systems, such as:
- Electric baseboards
What Exactly is a Heat Pump?
Simply put, a heat pump moves heat throughout the home. During the winter, heat pumps carry in heat from the outside and circulate it into the home. In the summer, heat pumps draw heat from the home and release it outside.
How Does a Ductless/Heat Pump System Work?
Ductless heating and cooling systems work in a reversible, two-way heat pumps that deliver heat between outdoor and indoor air by compressing and expanding refrigerant. Heat pumps collect heat from outside the house and deliver it to the inside on the heating cycle during the winter. In the summer, it collects cool air from outside and delivers it inside the house.
Ductless mini splits use different speed compressors in order to match the temperature and heating and cooling load, maximizing its efficiency.
Benefits of Heat Pumps
- Keeps air clean & safe because it does not burn fuel
- Provides one temperature throughout the home. No sudden blast of heat or cold air
- Less costly than an electric furnace
- Cost less per hour because they are used throughout the year
- Individual zoning which allows you to heat or cool only the areas you want
- Quiet operation
- No ductwork
- Small size and flexibility
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Maintenance
While heat pumps offer a wide array of benefits and are quite inexpensive, sometimes they do need to be serviced. Fortunately, Winters Home Services has been providing heat pump services for more than 20 years and we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Check out the warning signs below to see if your heat pump needs to be serviced:
- Heat pump disrupts the circuit breaker
- Heat pump turns on and off randomly
- Room temperatures change too often
- Heat Pump blower continuously runs
- Noisy air ducts
- Heat pumps restarts at low temperatures
Click here to check out our other services:
- Furnace repair and installation
- Boiler repair and installation
- Air Conditioning/AC installations
- Heating service and repair
- Air conditioner repair
- Water heaters
- Central Air Conditioner
Services in Cambridge and Boston Metro
If you’re looking for friendly, experienced and thorough technicians to service your heat pump or an estimate for a heat pump/mini split system, contact Winters Home Services at (617) 977-3101 or fill out our contact form.