Boston Heating Inspections
Experienced Heating Inspections in Boston, Cambridge & Beyond
While the Greater Boston area is well-known for our crisp autumn nights, gorgeous fall foliage, and winters that completely transform the city into a winter wonderland, we must still be prepared for the cold—for our safety and our comfort.
At Winters® Home Services, we have been providing heating installation and repair services for over 20 years to various areas in Massachusetts. Whether your water heater has broken down or you’re in need of a boiler installation, give us a call. Our Boston heating professionals are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to provide high-quality service at an affordable price.
Heating System Inspection Checklist: Water or Steam
To ensure that your heating system is functioning properly, we go through every detail and thoroughly check your water heater.
Some of the steps we take for a heating inspection include:
- Inspect the burners to ensure a clean flame and prevent blockage.
- Check the relief valve for signs of leakage and check the piping.
- Inspect for a backflow preventer and check for leakage as well as proper piping.
- Inspect the fast fill valve for proper pressure.
- Check the exhaust pipe for proper pitch (¼ inch per foot).
- Check all joints; these should be connected with three screws in each one.
- Look for signs of moisture that could be due to back drafting.
- Check electrical connections and wiring for proper terminations & supporting.
- Check safety switches & limit controls for proper setting and operation.
- Visually inspect the pilot assembly & ignition module for loose connections.
- Inspect the hot surface igniter & spark rod for cracks or misalignment.
- Check flame sensor readings for proper OHM rating & alignment.
- Inspect the unit for gas leaks/soap test inspection.
- Check gas pressure for proper pressure using a manometer before and after valve.
- Inspect circulators for leaks, check oil ports & oil and electrical connections.
- Inspect zone valves for complete turning operations.
- Inspect flow controls to ensure they are operating properly and they are not leaking.
- Measure water temperature to make sure it does not exceed 190 degrees.
Steam Visual Inspection Checklist
Important disclaimer: natural gas systems only. We do not service oil fired systems.
- Check for proper connection to chimney.
- Check all wiring.
- Test low water cut off for proper operation.
- Remove and clean pressuretrol “pigtail” and clean.
- Test fire the system.
- Look for signs of leakage inside and around the outside.
Call us today at (617) 977-3101 for a heating inspection in the Boston area!