When the weather cools down, you don’t want to worry about whether your heater will last through the winter. As a rule, you should have your heater maintained annually in the fall to ensure it is ready to keep you warm and cozy during the chilly winter season. Even if your system is fairly new, maintaining it can ensure it is working at peak capacity for when you need it the most. Our team provides professional HVAC maintenance services for our customers. We understand the importance of having a fully functional and efficient heater during the colder weather, and will work diligently to keep your system running smoothly.
Here are ways that you can maintain your heater this fall:
- Tune-Up Your Furnace. You'll want to contact your local HVAC technician to complete a full tune-up on your furnace each year. It is best to do this in the fall months before your begin to rely on your furnace in the winter. This ensures that your furnace is properly maintained and ready to work efficiently in the winter.
- Clean Your Furnace. Cleaning methods can be done at home by dusting and removing dirt from the furnace and surrounding areas. It's often recommended to take a wet cloth to the furnace to make sure the blower fan is properly cleaned.
- Replace Your HVAC Filters. This should be completed every 1-3 months and regularly throughout the winter season.
- Check Your Furnace Pilot Light. Your pilot light should typically remain a blue color with tips of yellow or orange. It should be a constant flame without flickering or interruption. If you notice that the pilot light is flickering or a different color, make sure you contact your local HVAC technician.
- Look for Holes or Corrosion. This is especially important if your furnace runs on gas. Check the combustion chamber for cracks or loose joints in the furnace's vent.
- Clean Out Your Vents. Take a vacuum to the vents and ducts around your home. This is something that can be completed at home, but it's important to make sure a deep cleaning takes place.
By maintaining your heater this fall, you can enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Improved comfort
- Peace of mind
- Lower energy bills
- Increased efficiency
- Better indoor air quality
- Longer lasting unit
Heater tend to last around 10-15 years. With proper maintenance, you may be able to extend the lifespan of your system and prevent major issues. Proper maintenance may also help your system work more efficiently, helping you save money on energy bills each month. With routine maintenance in the fall season, you can rest assured knowing your system is ready to keep you warm during the chilly winter months.
Our Boston heating specialists will conduct a detailed inspection of your heater to detect signs of wear and tear. We will replace or repair necessary components, lubricate moving parts, check the wiring, and ensure the unit is functioning at full capacity. This will also help you avoid inconvenient breakdowns in the future.
Ready to have your heater inspected and maintained? Call Winters® Home Services today at (617) 977-3101 to speak with a member of our team.