Same-Day Boston Furnace Repair
Providing Reliable Heater Repairs 24/7
When it’s freezing out, you deserve a home that is as comfortable and cozy as possible. However, if your furnace is not working, your home can feel like an icebox. Is this the situation you are facing now? Our professional, credited HVAC techs are here to help. For more than two decades, Winters Home Services has been the top choice for high-quality heating services in Boston, Cambridge, and the surrounding areas. Specializing in electric and gas furnaces regardless of the brand or model, our team has the expertise to handle any repairs you might need. We even offer same-day appointments and emergency services, so your home can feel warm and cozy again in no time.
Call (617) 977-3101 for Same-Day Furnace Repair in Boston!
When to Call a Professional Heating Technician
When your heater malfunctions, it can leave your home chilly and uncomfortable. There are a variety of factors that may cause your heating system to stop working. While some of these may be simple fixes, such as a clogged filter or a tripped circuit breaker, other issues may require the entire unit to be replaced. In general, it is a good idea to do a cost-benefit analysis when deciding whether to repair or replace your system.
Furthermore, if there are problems that could threaten the safety of your home, such as a broken heat exchanger (that could send carbon monoxide into your home), you should replace the system. Simple repairs are best for minor issues in a fairly new system that is still in good condition. If your system is older, has a major problem, or has been displaying signs of wear and tear, a replacement can provide many benefits.
We can handle any and all furnace issues, including:
- Dirty or clogged air filters
- Pilot control issues
- Faulty thermostats
- Cycling between on and off modes
- Blower switch problems
- Rumbling or squeaking noises
Determining if Repair or Replacement is the Best Option
There are certain parts that are worth repairing and certain reasons that will help you determine whether it’s most cost efficient to repair or replace.
You should repair your system for:
- Minor Faulty Electrical Issues: issues related to fuses and ignition modules.
- Condensate removal pump: only about 5% of the cost of the entire system.
- Pressure and temperature sensors: about 10% of the cost of the entire system.
You should replace your heater if the following are broken:
- Compressor: If it’s not under warranty, it will be a very costly repair. You will be looking at 50 to 75 percent of the cost of the entire replacement. If you’re going to replace this critical component of the system, it does not guarantee that the other components will not fail within a short period of time.
- Cracked heat exchanger: similar to the compressor, this is a very costly repair as well. It will not guarantee your system from operating sufficiently since the other parts in the system will most likely fail and need to be replaced as well.
The golden rule when doing a replacement is to opt for a newer, more energy-efficient unit. We can help you choose the most energy-efficient and reliable furnace without breaking the bank. Additionally, our team offers regular maintenance to catch potential issues early and lengthen the life of your heating equipment.
Emergency Repairs Available Day or Night
At Winters Home Services, we always treat furnace repairs with a sense of urgency. Our heating experts know any furnace issue is not only inconvenient but dangerous as well, especially if you have children or elderly family members who easily get sick when it’s too cold. We offer our Boston furnace repair services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just let us know if there is a problem and we’ll come running to restore comfort and warmth in your home.
Our furnace experts are standing by. Call us day or night at (617) 977-3101 or contact us online for Repair in Boston!