Geothermal Heating & Cooling
Geothermal Heat Pumps Are The Most Energy Efficient Way To Heat And Cool Eastern MA Area Homes
Trust our geothermal heating and air professionals for expert advice and installation of all types of ground or water source geothermal heat pumps for your Eastern MA area home
Geothermal heat pumps (sometimes referred to as GeoExchange, earth-coupled, ground-source, or water-source heat pumps) have been in use since the late 1940s. Geothermal heat pumps (GHPs) use the constant temperature of the earth as the exchange medium instead of the outside air temperature. This allows the system to reach high efficiencies (300%-600%) on the coldest of winter nights, compared to 175%-250% for air-source heat pumps on cool days.
Benefits of geothermal heat pump systems for heating and cooling your Eastern MA home
- The most efficient way to heat and cool your home
- Quieter, last longer, need little maintenance
- Installation price offset by energy savings in 5–10 years
- Use 25%–50% less electricity than conventional heating or cooling systems
- Geothermal heat pumps also improve humidity control by maintaining about 50% relative indoor humidity
- Can be installed in both new and retrofit situations
Because geothermal heat pump equipment requires less space than conventional HVAC systems, equipment rooms can be greatly scaled down in size, freeing space for productive use. Geothermal systems also provide excellent "zone" space conditioning, allowing different parts of your home to be heated or cooled to different temperatures.
We're the Eastern MA area geothermal heating and air conditioning systems experts – call to schedule a geothermal heat pump consultation